This Friday is Valentine’s day. Many of us will be either going out for dinner or cooking up a storm at home for a romantic meal for two or dinner with a group of friends.
This recipe involves hardly any preparation time and is quick to cook. The white fish is simply baked with some lemon slices so that there is plenty of room left for the flavours coming from the anchovy salsa. I serve this with some crispy rosemary potatoes on the side.
It’s a treat and a perfect one to also kick start the weekend!
Ingredients: serves 2
2 fillets white fish (I used cod but you can easily replace with any other white fish)
6 medium potatoes (skins left on and cut into small cubes)
1 lemon (cut in half and the other half sliced)
A few sprigs fresh rosemary
For the Anchovy Salsa:
1 tin anchovies (drained)
Handful of green (pitted) olives
2 tbpsn small capers
2 spring onions
Small bunch fresh parsley
Juice of half a lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 190 degrees celsius.
- Add the potatoes to a roasting dish with the rosemary and black pepper. Drizzle with some olive oil and mix well. Place in the oven for around 35 – 40 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- In the meantime prepare the salsa: add everything to a large chopping board and finely chop. Mix together in a bowl and place to one side.
- Dry the fish using some kitchen paper and put into an oven dish with the lemon slices and dill. Place in the oven for the around 20 – 25 minutes. You can also quickly turn the potatoes over and give them a good mix.
- Take the potatoes and fish out of the oven. Plate up the potatoes and place a piece of fish on top. Serve up some salsa over the white fish and serve with some lemon wedges and more black pepper if needed.