Soon we will all be stuffed with turkey. I recommend this dish for those wanting to make a fish supper in the lead up to Christmas. I used cod but you can use any other kind of white fish.
fresh white cod
1 tbspn tomato puree
fresh basil leaves
ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 / 190 degrees celsius
- Place the cod into an oven dish with a few slices of lemon for around 20 – 25 mins
- In the meantime add the tomatoes to a bowl of boiling water. Leave for a couple of mins and then scoop out of the bowl. The skins will easily peel off
- Heat some olive oil in a small sauce pan
- Chop the tomatoes and place into the pan. Add the tomato puree, olives, capers and black pepper and leave to simmer gently until the fish is cooked
- Once the fish is done plate it up and pour over the tomato sauce
- Garnish with fresh basil
Serve with potatoes or a salad on the side.