Ah, hello autumn! It is getting dark earlier, there is frost in the morning and it’s cold! I think it is fair to say that summer is officially over. But in a way I kind of like the change in season. It opens up a new opportunity of recipes and latest seasonal goodies. I think of stews, pears, apples, oranges, plums and soups when it comes to Autmn so stay tuned for those recipes!
Autumn is also my busiest time of year with it being a popular time for work events so my schedule is always packed out. Combine that with trips back to the UK for weddings, hen parties, visting friends and family and it is fair to say that I have no spare time. Which is where this recipe comes in handy. It can be put together in no time, its light, healthy and the wasabi gives it that extra kick to keep you warm this autumn!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 limes
- 100g wild basmati rice
- 150g mangetout (halved)
- 4 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 3 tbpsn light soy sauce
- Half a tspn of wasabi paste
- Olive oil
- black pepper/ salt
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Once cooked place a lid on the pan and leave to one side.
- Add the salmon to an oven dish with a few slices of lime. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15-17 mins.
- Add the mangetout to a small oven dish with some olive oil and black pepper and place in the oven for the last 10 minutes of the salmon cooking.
- Tip the rice into a large bowl and mix with a fork. Take the mangetout and salmon out of the oven and also add the bowl so that the salmon flakes and breaks into chunks.
- In a small mixing bowl add the soy sauce, wasabi and juice of 1 lime. Pour into the bowl and add the spring onions. Then mix well.
- Place up and enjoy!