Serves 4 (or 2 and then have cold for dinner the following evening).
smoked salmon (as much as you like)
green asparagus (cooked and about 5 pieces)
1 roll puff pastry
100ml double cream
grated parmesan cheese
handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
handful of chopped spring onions
handful of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/ 180 degrees celsius
- Put the asparagus in a small pan and place on the hot. Fill with boiling water and leave to boil
- Grease a pie dish/ quiche dish with butter and line with the puff pastry
- Lay out the cherry tomatoes on the bottom of the dish. Add the fresh parsley and spring onions on top
- Chop the salmon into small pieces and pay on top of the tomatoes and parsley
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug and beat. Add the cream and mix together.
- Drain the asparagus and lay on top of the salmon
- Pour over the egg mixture on top (this is why I use a measuring jug as it is easier to pour over evenly)
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and ground black pepper and place in the oven for 25 mins
- Leave to set for 10 mins if eating warm or place in the fridge after 20 mins to cool completely.