Another great dish for the working week. It is also light and refreshing, so make sure you enjoy this after a busy day in the office. I made this with sushi rice to get that real sticky feel to it – plus it makes it a perfect dish for using chopsticks.
Ingredients: to serve 2
2 salmon fillets
2 limes (cut in half)
200g sushi rice
1 tspn ground ginger
50ml dark soy sauce
handful of sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 / 190 degrees celsius
- Put the sushi rice into a medium sauce pan and add enough water to just cover the rice. Place on a medium heat, with the lid on and bring to a boil. Keep an eye on this. Once the sushi rice is boiling it will take another 10 mins to cook and boil down the water. Once the water is boiled down, take the rice off the heat and keep the lid on the pan. This is when you can prepare and put the salmon in the oven because the rice needs another 20 mins or so to cook in the pan with the lid on, to absorb any remaining water and steam
- In a small mixing bowl add the juice of 1 lime, soy sauce and ginger. Mix well and then add the fresh coriander
- Place the salmon fillets in a small oven dish and pour over the soy sauce mixture
- Scatter the salmon with the some sesame seeds and place in the oven for 20 – 25 mins
- Once the salmon is cooked, take the lid off the rice and pour over the juice of the remaining lime
- Plate up the sushi and then place each salmon fillet on top
- Scatter with plenty of fresh coriander and enjoy!