This recipe is packed full of fresh vegetables, healthy salmon and a lot of flavour!
I love rice noodles. They are light and really soak up all the flavour. Plus they are incredibly easy to prepare – which makes this recipe one of my regular mid- week meals!
Salmon can be expensive but I try and include this once a week on my meal plans. It is one of my favourite things to eat and goes well with more or less anything! The teriyaki sauce is easy to make and tastier than anything that comes out of a jar!
Salmon Terriyaki and Stir Fried Rice Noodles
- For the Salmon:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tspn smoked paprika
- 1 tspn dried chilli flakes
- 4 tbspn dark soy sauce
- Dash of caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sesame seeds
- For The Rice noodles (enough for 2)
- Handful of fine green beans (halved)
- Handful of mange tout (halved)
- 1 red pepper (finely sliced)
- 2 sping onions (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 red chillis (finely chopped)
- Dash of light soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Black pepper
- Sunflower oil
- Fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/ 190 degrees.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the terriyaki (apart from the salmon and sesame seeds) and mix well. Place the salmon fillets into the bowl and leave for at least 20 minutes, turning over halfway. Place the salmon fillets into an over dish and scatter some sesame seeds on top. Place in the oven for around 25 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles to a large bowl. Pour in hot water from a kettle and enough to cover the noodles. Leave for around 10 minutes.
- In a large plan add 1 tbpsn sunflower oil. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Then add the pepper, grean beans and mange tout. Add a dash of soy sauce, chillis and lime and leave to gently cook for around 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice noodles and add to the pan and mix well with all the other ingredients. Stir in the spring onions and black pepper and some fresh coriander.
- Plate up the noodles with the salmon on top.
- Season with more black pepper and fresh coriander if needed.
Leave a Reply