Happy Friday! Kick start the weekend with this fish recipe. Easy to make and light to eat – what better way to end the working week?
I baked the salmon with cherry tomatoes and olives. But what really makes this dish is my italian style tartar sauce. I love fish with this creamy sauce and it only made sense to give this Italian style dish that extra kick. Basically if the Italians did fish and chips then this would be it!
Ingredients: serves 2
2 salmon fillets
handful of cherry tomatoes
handful of green olives (de-stoned)
6 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunks)
1 tbpsn dried rosemary
1 lemon (cut in half for the juice and the other half in wedges)
For the tartar sauce:
1 small tin anchovies
250g low fat creme fraiche
juice of half a lemon
handful fresh basil (finely chopped)
2 medium size gherkins (finely chopped)
handful of small capers
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 190 degrees celsius.
- Add the potatoes to an oven dish, pour in 2 tbpsn olive oil and the rosemary and mix well. Put the dish in the oven. The potatoes will take around 25 minutes to cook.
- In the meantime you can make the sauce. Mix all the ingredients into a mixing bowl with a wooden soon so that they are well combined. Pour into 2 ramekins or serving bowls and place in the fridge until needed.
- Add the salmon to another small oven dish. Add some lemon slices, the cherry tomatoes and the olives. Place in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done take them out of the oven. Drain the potatoes onto a plate covered in kitchen paper.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and plate up with the tomatoes and olives. Add the potatoes on the side of each plate. Take the ramekins out of the fridge and add the sauce to the middle of the plate and garnish with plenty of fresh basil and black pepper.