Ah, tomato bread salad! A classic Tuscan favourite of mine. This recipe has popped up again this weekend thanks to the fabulous summer sunshine! Whether you are having a BBQ, chilled out dinner in the garden with friends or a quick dinner on the balcony before heading out for an aperolspritz, this is the perfect dinner! It is also a good side dish which is perfect for this BBQ weather at the moment!
Quick, easy and hassle free. Happy sunny weekend!
- Half a ciabatta loaf (or any other leftover bread you want to use up!)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- handful cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 red chilli (finely sliced)
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 tbpsn capers
- Few anchovies (our of a jar or tin)
- 1 tspn red wine vinegar
- 1 tbpsn olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- black pepper
- Roughly chop the bread and place in the oven, on a medium heat, for around 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, capers and chilli to a large mixing bowl. Take the anchovies out of the tin and flake into the mixing bowl.
- Add the bread to the bowl and a handful of fresh basil. Add the red wine vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil and mix everything together.
- Add a bit of black pepper and serve!