I made this a while ago and it is a real favourite of mine! Lots of different tastes and fairly easy to make too. All you need is one large/ deep frying pan – a good sign of an easy meal.
2 chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
1 packet chorizo (finely chopped)
1 packet of tiger prawns (if frozen then leave to defrost beforehand)
1 onion (finely chopped)
3 tomatoes (chopped into chunks)
3 tbspn paprika
1 litre chicken stock
1 clove garlic
Paella rice/ risotto rice (about 1 small cup for each person)
Black ground pepper
1 red pepper (roughly chopped)
100ml white wine
Handful frozen peas (defrosted)
- Squeeze the lime juices into a bowl and place the chicken in with the lime.
- Heat a large frying pan with olive oil.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and add to the pan. Cook for 5-10 mins.
- During this time chop the onion and garlic and then add to the pan.
- Then add the red pepper and the chorizo.
- Add the tomatoes and then the paprika and black pepper. Leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Then add the paella rice with the white wine and stir.
- Then add half the chicken stock and stir. Keep stiring on a medium heat. Once this starts to boil down add a bit more of the mixture. Then repeat the stirring until you have used all the stock and the paella has soaked it up and cooked.
- When the rice is nearly done add the prawns and peas. Stir again and add more paprika/ pepper if needed.
- Then serve!