These little eggs in pots are a real treat. Easy to make and a lovely little starter. I would recommend adding bread to the starter to dip into the runny egg. Either pitta or ciabatta would work well.
Ingredients: (to serve 2)
4 tbspns creme fraiche
1 tspn ground pepper
1 tspn salt
Butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4
- Grease 2 ramekin’s with butter
- Place a heaped tbspn of creme fraiche into the bottom
- Crack an egg on top
- Add another tbspn of creme fraiche on top and season with salt and pepper
- Place the ramekin’s into a baking tray and fill the tray with boiling water so that the water reaches halfway around the ramekin’s
- Place in the oven for 10-15 mins for the egg to be runny or 20mins for the egg to be well cooked
Why not add a slice of parma ham on top just before placing it into the oven or serve with some asparagus (during asparagus season) on the side.