Happy Monday! It’s a new week and the Monday blues are in full swing. We probably over indulged this weekend and now we are starting the week in doom and gloom. This is why a Monday night dinner has to be quick, easy and healthy. I always feel the need to detox on a Monday night. My salmon salad is the perfect way to do so.
Let’s start the week with a health kick!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
2 salmon fillets
1 lemon (cut in half: the juice of 1 half and the other sliced)
3 chicory heads
2 large handfuls of watercress
handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
half a cucumber (diced)
handful of green olives
black pepper and olive oil
For the lemon and mint ricotta:
1 pot of ricotta
juice of half a lemon
small handful of mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/ 190 degrees celsius.
- Put the salmon fillets into an oven dish with the lemon slices and put in the oven for around 20 mins or until cooked through.
- To make the lemon and mint ricotta: put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with a whisk or a fork. Leave to one side.
- Distribute the salad evenly to each plate. Add the chicory and then the watercress on top. Scatter some cherry tomatoes, cucumber and olives and drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice over the salad.
- Once the salmon is done place it each fillet in the middle of both plates.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the ricotta around the sides of the dish.
- Garnish with ground black pepper and serve with some crusty bread on the side.