I love Halloumi and Berlin is one of the best places to enjoy it. You will never struggle to find halloumi in this city!
I have recently started trying and testing more Vegetarian recipes. Even though this has been said over and over by various food writers and chefs – I do believe that we consume too much meat. Of course, meat should not be completely scrapped from ourdiet as it does contain the right amount of protein that we need. But vegetarians manage to live off the right vitamins so there is no excuse for us meat lovers to not cut down a bit.
This simple vegetable salad is grilled and served with a lime and coriander dressing that makes it a light, healthy and easy recipe for the working week. Enjoy!
Ingredients: serves 2
To be grilled:
1 aubergine (sliced)
1 courgette (sliced)
2 tomatoes (sliced)
1 red pepper (roughly sliced)
250g halloumi (sliced)
Lime and Coriander Dressing:
Juice of 1 lime
handful of fresh coriander (plus extra for garnish)
4 tbpsn olive oil
handful of fresh rocket leaves (to add to the salad)
1 400g tin chickpeas
- Grill the vegetables and halloumi until soft and slightly crisp. You may have to do this in batches. I usually grill the courgettes, aubergines and red peppers first and put them in an ove dish in the oven. Then grill the tomatoes and halloumi last.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rocket leaves. Then add the grilled vegetables (but not the halloumi).
- Drain the halloumi and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice and coriander to a small mixing bowl. Mix well and then pour into the bowl with the vegetable salad.
- Plate up the vegetable salad and lay the halloumi slices on top.
- Garnish with more fresh coriander and black pepper (to taste).
Leave a Reply