Happy Monday! Let’s start the new week with another light supper. As always, my Monday night dinner is all about being quick, easy, delicious and light!
I love Italian food. Fresh grilled vegetables in olive oil with a couple of slices of fresh crunchy bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar is my idea of heaven. My Italian grilled salad is a perfect way to combine all those flavours with a bit of salmon for the protein.
1 aubergine (sliced)
1 courgette (sliced)
2 tomatoes (sliced)
2 balls mozzarella (sliced)
handful of green olives
fresh basil leaves
- Heat a large griddle pan or heat the grill. Gently spray the courgettes, aubergines and tomatoes with olive oil. Grill on each side for around 4 minutes.
- Lay the tomato slices on a plate and then add a slice of mozzarella on top of each slice.
- Place the aubergines in between each slice of tomato and some courgette slices on top.
- Place the smoked salmon in the middle of each plate and light drizzle with the juice of half a lemon.
- Garnish with ground black pepper, fresh basil leaves, green olives and lemon wedges.
Serve with fresh bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the side.