350g self raising flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
85g golden syrup
1 medium free range egg
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3 / 170 degrees celsius
- Add the flour, baking powder and ginger to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan.
- Pour the syrup mixture into the mixing bowl with the flour. Then add the egg and mix with a spoon.
- Combine the mixture and then roll into small balls (2 tablespoons) and place on a baking sheet. I find that you can fit about 6 bicuits on each tray. You may need to do these in batches.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 mins.