I have my left over chili from last night and as it is such a lovely evening I have made a quick salsa. For all those cooking in Germany please make sure to buy your crushed chilis from an Asian store. German supermarkets sell chili powder and crushed chilis but they are not hot at all. Also, don’t be shy in adding the crushed chilis to your salsa. We are not making a tomato sauce and a salsa is meant to be hot!
Perfect with nachos or chili con carne.
400g tinned plum tomatoes
handful of fresh coriander
handful of finely chopped spring onions
juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 tspns crushed chilis
1 tbpsn flour
- Pour the tinned tomatoes into a large mixing bowl and roughly chop and slice the plum tomatoes
- Add 1 tbpsn flour to thicken the sauce. Stir well to avoid any lumps
- Add the garlic, onion and lime juice and stir
- Then add the spring onions and chili flakes and mix everything together
- Season with black pepper and coriander
- Put in the fridge for 30 mins or more