Happy Friday! I have another weekend breakfast treat for you. During the week my alarm goes off, I keep on hitting that snooze button, finally wake up in a daze, frantically get ready and then rush out of the flat running to catch the tram to work. If I am lucky this leaves me with 5 minutes to down a cup of tea and have a bowl of muesli. But that is what the working week is all about and it is why we save those treats for the weekend.
I love a lazy breakfast on a Sunday morning. I think that if we have had muesli all week then a Sunday treat is well deserved. One of my favourites is a healthy bacon sandwich.
A great alternative is french toast with crushed blueberries. I lightly fry the bread in egg but with no oil or butter. I also add a spoonful of my home made jam on the side.
This is a delicious way to start a happy Sunday! Enjoy x
Ingredients: (serves 2)
2 large slices of white crusty bread
2 large free range eggs (beaten)
2 handfuls of fresh blueberries
2 tbspn of strawberry jam
- Add the blueberries to a small saucepan and put on a high heat. Do not add any oil or butter as the blueberries will soon heat up and start to soften. This will take around 7 minutes
- Heat a large frying pan. Do not add any oil or butter to the pan
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Then dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture, coating both sides of each slice
- Add the slices of bread to the hot pan and fry on each side for around 2 minutes
- Plate up the slices of bread, take the blueberries off the heat and serve up half onto each plate (the blueberries will be soft and juicy). Add a tbpsn of jam on the side and enjoy with a cup of tea!