After a visit to Barcelona this summer I just couldn’t resist bringing a little bit of Barcelona to my Berlin kitchen. My trip to Barcelona involved plenty of good food that you can read all about here. Aside from all the wonderful fish, cured ham, vegetables, cheese and wine, I absolutely loved the Catalan tomato bread. This was served with every meal and I fell in love with it straight away. The good thing about this bread is that it is simple to make.
6 slices ciabatta
2 medium/ large tomatoes (cut in half)
- Heat a large pan with olive oil
- Once the oil is hot add the slices of ciabatta to the pan. Heat on one side for around 3 mins (or until golden brown)
- Add more olive oil to the pan and turn over the ciabatta slices. Heat on this side for around another 3 mins
- Lay the slices out on some kitchen towel paper to dry out the remaining olive oil
- Once dried place the bread onto a large plate. Take 1 half of a tomato and rub into the top of 2 slices of bread. Repeat this process until each slice is covered with tomato
- Drizzle the slices of bread with more olive oil and then serve
This is a perfect starter or side dish.