My banana bread always goes down well. I made this for work the other day and my colleagues also enjoyed it. It is light and fluffy and definitely not dry! Once the bread is out of the oven and cooled, make a pot of tea and cut a large slice for yourself.
1 tbspn baking powder/ bicarbonate of soda
200g caster sugar
2 large free range eggs
4 ripe bananas
half a lemon
1 tbspn vanilla extract
110g butter (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven gas mark 4/ 180 degrees celsius
- Add the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl
- In a separate large mixing bowl whisk the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (I need to use an electric whisk for this!)
- Then add the eggs to the butter and sugar and mix together with the whisk
- In a smaller bowl peel and add the bananas. Take a potato masher and mash them. Then add them to the butter mixture
- Add the vanilla extract and then use the electric whisk again to mix everything together
- Fold in the flour mixture to the banana mix. Make sure everything is combined
- Grease a loaf tin with butter and pour in the cake mixture
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until well risen and golden brown.
- Leave to cool and then remove from the tin.