I love smoked salmon so I enjoy any excuse to eat it. It is full of protein and tastes delicious! This salad is what I call my ‘Monday night’ dinner. You know the kind of meal, the one that has to be super quick after a long day in the office and something easy to rustle up. It is all about the Monday night hassle free dinner in my apartment! It is also healthy which is a great way to recover from any over indulging over the weekend!
I use smoked salmon in this salad but you can replace with prawns or any other kind of fish. I add fresh spinach and rocket leaves and top with a caper dressing to give it that tangy taste. So next week beat those Monday blues by popping this recipe onto your weekly meal plan!
- 4 or 5 eggs
- smoked salmon (a few slices for each person, roughly chopped)
- Handful of fresh rocket and spinach leaves
- 1 avocado (peeled, de-stoned and sliced)
- Half a cucumber (roughly chopped)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- For the dressing:
- 1 tspn wholegrain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbpsn capers
- 2 tbpsn olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Put the eggs onto boil until hard boiled. Around 10 mins. Put in a bowl of cold water to cool down then peel the shell and slice the eggs in half.
- Add the salad leaves to a large bowl with the cherry tomatoes and cucumber. Add the smoked salmon and avocado and mix together.
- Cut the eggs in half and also add the bowl.
- For the dressing: mix everything together in a small bowl and then add to the salad.
- Gently mix everything together and then plate up!