This is my take on chicken pie Berlin style! I say Berlin style because instead of using shortcrust pastry I have used puff pastry. Just like the Brits, the Germans also love their puff pastry and this is easy to find. A perfect sunday evening meal when you want some comfort food after maybe a bit too much partying over the weekend.
2 chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
1 onion (chopped)
Spring onions (finely chopped)
4 or 5 mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 small pot creme fraiche
1 tbspn dijon mustard
100ml chicken stock
1 sheet puff pastry
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan with the garlic.
- Then add the chicken and season with ground pepper. Add the onions.
- After a few mins add the butter, spring onions and mushrooms. Leave until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Then add the creme fraiche and mustard and stir well.
- Add the chicken stock and leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Place the ingredients into a casserole or pie dish and then cover with the puff pastry.
- Leave in the oven for around 20 mins. Leave to settle for 5 mins and then serve.